Friday, June 27, 2014

Bionic spine, please.

A metal spine? I'll take 2!
Forgive me, readers, for I have sinned. It has been 2 weeks since my last internet visit. My excuse is chronic pain. My crime is that I am only just now understanding that I will never be rid of it, that no one can cure me, that I am 38 years old and will live with this for the rest of my (Powers That Be willing) long life.

It's been a hard blow to the psyche. You'd think that after more than a decade of deteriorating condition, that I would have figured it out before now, but in my defense, who wants to accept the fact that they're young and have the rest of their lives to be in pain? Don't get me wrong. I love my life. I wouldn't end it or change it. I have everything that is important to me - a family that is loving and supportive. I could sit here all day gushing about them but you'd likely make gagging motions at me and click to another page. I love life, my life, and living. It just would be even better without the, you know, often severe agony and inability to stand up straight. -_-
Complete with that sassy glow.

Anyway... shall I just get back to the point? Which was...

My apology.

I am terribly sorry that I have been absent. Believe me. Aside from a doctor visit and my pain management group, the only other places I have been are 4 rooms in my house and the places that books can take me to. I'm trying to learn this "pacing" thing, but I can't promise it won't happen again. I've missed a lot of family get-togethers, date nights, and fun outings, let alone being capable of sitting up at the computer for any length of time. But I am determined to learn how to manage my pain so that I can live a fuller life and for you that means, more book reviews. Of which I have 7 to post.

So until I get that Bionic Spine, please bare with me!


Warm wishes,
Rebecca, aka Sister Sinister

No comments:

Post a Comment