The LIEBSTER AWARD is a recognition passed from blogger to blogger; a friendly way of saying I appreciate you. Generally gifted to bloggers with less than a 1,000 followers, it is also a lovely means of promotion for both the nominator and the nominee. And since "liebster" is a term of endearment in German meaning "dearest" (technically, liebster is the male version of the word, and liebste is the feminine - wee fact for ya!), it gives you a warm fuzzy feeling just being nominated for it.
Now the Rules.
1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions that the person who nominated you asked.
3. Nominate 9 bloggers with less than 300 followers and leave them a comment letting them know they've been nominated.
4. Ask 11 new questions for your nominees.
5. No renominating the blog that nominated you!
So, 11 Facts About Me
- I'm searching for the book or movie that will truly scare and/or chill me!
- I've always wanted to kiss a killer whale.
- I have a true 'fairytale' story.
- I have an enormous scar on my back that looks like railroad tracks.
- I dress our chihuahua in clothes. (Only cool and stylish ones.)
- I am truly blessed with 3 fantastic children.
- I imported my husband from Germany.
- I was adopted and I love it.
- I prefer to write with a partner.
- Violin music touches my soul.
- I believe in Fairies.
- Why do you blog? - It's only been since last year that I began to blog with any frequency and I started because I wanted to make connections in the publishing world. Now I am greatly enjoying helping authors spread the word about their works.
- Why do you love to read? - Reading lets you experience, learn, and grow; it transports you and stirs emotions.
- What is your favorite genre? - It's a tie between Horror and Paranormal Romance.
- When did you fall in love with books? - I've always been a big reader. I'd read in bed with the hall light on when I was supposed to be asleep. I just love the feeling of expanding beyond what I know and see.
- Paper back or ebooks? - Both. I love the feel of a book in my hand and I adore collecting books, which has become so much easier with e-books. And I don't have to read by hall light when I have a tablet in hand!
- Where do you like to read? - In bed with the lights off.
- What is your favorite book and why? - I can't even begin to answer that but the Hunger Games books and anything Jeff Strand or Philip A. McClimon really strike a chord with me. I could go on forever, though. Some of my favorite books were actually the Resident Evil series and I freakin' love Kim Harrison's Hollows! Some new favs are Allie's War by J.C. Andrijeski, Frostbitten by Heather Beck, Mutation Z: The Ebola Zombies by Marilyn Peake, and geez, the list is too huge to go on. That and I feel horrible if I can't name the gazillions of favorite books and authors I have, so I don't like trying!
- What do you do when you are not reading? - Homeschooling our youngest, worrying about our 2 oldest, telling my husband I love him, coddling our chi baby, scratching our big dogs with my harpy toenails (they love it, I promise), writing, editing, drawing. I love to watch movies and tv, play computer games and visit family.
- What about a book makes you choose it? - The cover first, then the back blurb. If it sparks my interest, I go for it.
- What is your favorite movie? - ALIENS!
- If you were to write a book what would it be? - I am writing a book, several in fact. The one closest to publication is about zombies and romance (not zombies being romanced).
My nominees are:
- Stephanie @ LitLoversLane
- Olivia @ Olivia's Catastrophe
- Jaideep @ Pebble in the Still Waters
- DelSheree @ The Edible Bookshelf
- KIKA @ The Book Bluff
- Twin Spin
- Star Angel's Reviews
My questions for my nominees (Let me know if you answer them - I would so love to read your replies!)
- How do you feel about the current face of self-publishing?
- Do you prefer a book to be a part of a series, or a stand-alone?
- Do you like to watch movies of the same genre that you enjoy reading?
- Is there is a genre you will not read unless asked to?
- If you could meet one author in person, who would it be?
- Is there a subject you think should be taboo?
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
- Sharks or giant squid?
- Zombies, mutants, or aliens?
- Vampires, witches, or werewolves?
- Thylacine or T-rex. If you had a choice, which would we resurrect?