Friday, September 26, 2014

"Mega: A Deep Sea Thriller" by Jake Bible (5 Stars)

* * * * *
Mega
by Jake Bible

Genre: Horror/Thriller
* * * * *

I LOVE "monster" books and low-budget monster movies, so when I found this book I knew I had to cross my fingers and dive in! Though I was a little worried it might bite (har har), or be a Steve Alten rip-off, it was in no way either.

MEGA follows a ragtag mix of professional, retired, and disgraced soldiers as they find themselves recruited by a fixer man. They'll join an old friend and his boat crew on the high seas in a couple of missions that turn out to be way more than they bargained for.

This book isn't just about the shark! It's about the people (and pirates) and more than one man's hunt for his personal white whale.


No comments:

Post a Comment