Tuesday, January 14, 2014

"Reflections of Soul" by Queen of Spades (5 Stars)

* * * * *
Reflections of Soul
by Queen of Spades

Genre: Poetry

* * * * *

Unexpectedly, I was gifted a copy of this short book of poems as a thank you for expressing interest in the author's Facebook page and giving her a 'Like'. I was not asked to review the book and I'm not very familiar with much poetry and my attempts at it in earlier years are best left a secret between my husband and I. That being said, when I was trying my hand at expressing my deeply emotional feelings for my husband, I found poetry to be a beautiful and passionate way of achieving this.

Reading Queen of Spades's Reflections of Soul, feelings were evoked in me and I felt great sadness for her pain. Her experiences as I interpreted them, were painful reminders of similar hardships that I endured far back in my past, and through these poems I felt a connection to the brave woman who dared to share them with the world.

Thank you, Queen.


Please learn more about Reflections of Soul at Goodreads and Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment