Sunday, October 20, 2013

"A Touch of Evil" by C.T. Adams, Cathy Clamp (2 Stars)

* *
A Touch of Evil
Book #1, The Thrall series
 by C.T. Adams and Cathy Clamp

Genre: Urban Fantasy
 * *
Oh I so hate giving bad reviews, so I'll start with the good. First, I liked the idea of the Thrall. It was a different take on vampires, making them not vampires at all, which was fine by me. And I did think the story was pretty well written, but I bought it as an advertised paranormal romance and I really didn't get that at all. Yes, there was a guy, but... I didn't feel any romance and it certainly wasn't central to the story. In fact, it probably could have cut out the guy (a werewolf fireman) altogether and it wouldn't have made much difference.

I'd label this an urban fantasy (a genre I greatly adore), but not a paranormal romance (which was why I bought it) and sadly, it didn't excite me to read more. Hopefully, it was just a slow start. The publisher misrepresenting the beginning of a series that could have a lot of potential was a big turn off for me because I kept looking for the romance. Maybe if I'd gone into it with a different expectation, it might have earned one more star. =(

**I was not asked for my review, but I gave it!

Learn more about this book at Goodreads and find it on amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment