Friday, October 4, 2013

"Six Moon Summer" by S.M. Reine (3 Stars)

* * *
Six Moon Summer
Book #1, Seasons of the Moon series
by S.M. Reine

Genre: Young Adult Paranormal

* * *

 I had a hard time rating this book because it had some really great parts to it and a surprise or two, it was generously offered for free at amazon, and I totally intend to read book 2, in all I wasn't 100% captivated with the main character.

Rylie is a pretty typical teen having a hard time adjusting to her parents' divorce and is shipped off to camp for the summer, something she is not happy about. While she's there, she experiences bullying and social awkwardness, decides not to willingly participate in any activities, and then gets attacked while out in the woods alone.

This first book of a series follows Rylie's struggle to not become a werewolf and it did keep me reading but the angst had me more irritated than sympathetic and thus reflected my 3 star rating. I will, however, be on the lookout for book 2. 


You can purchase Six Moon Summer for free on kindle at amazon, and read more about the book HERE at Goodreads.

**I was not asked to review this book, I just did because I wanted to. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment