Monday, October 14, 2013

What-up!

Wow, so when I started this blog, I didn't expect that I would be reviewing books, or using this blog to post them. I'm finding it's a great way to meet people and to keep this blog active. However, I don't want to turn the blog into just another review site and I don't want to *make* another blog just to post reviews on. What's more, I'm not posting big, novella-length, in-depth reviews like other book reviewers so I'm going to keep my blog as is. A place I can put down my thoughts as well as post some reviews.

Why review books at all? Because reviews are really important to authors and I want to help out where I can. Hopefully when I start seeking reviews actively, I'll get the same kindness. =) Some of my reviews were asked for, some not, and I make a note in either case in each review that I post here, to my blog.

I do think that I will revise my blog to make it easier to find my reviews versus my personal what-up posts. Just not sure yet how I'm going to do that. Thinking I might do something cute and rate my books using crows instead of stars. *grins* And I know I need to do a banner, just need to grab a few minutes to whip one up.

What's cool tho, is that I'm writing nearly every day and Agent B and I have been getting a lot done and expect to meet our self-imposed December deadline for publishing our "love in the time of zombies" novel, our third self-published book. However we are doing this one right. We're hiring an editor and are in the process of working with a professional book cover designer so that we can also make available print copies. Very exciting!

I've also made the commitment to review another 10 books so my reading schedule is FULL right now, yay! I will be posting 2 more reviews tomorrow, on Andrew Butcher's second book in his Lansin Island series and the first book of the Vicious Deep series by Zoraida Cordova.

On a personal note, in two weeks my hubby-pie goes on vacation and we pick up our youngest daughter's service dog and Halloween is approaching. Busy but in a fun way. That's how it should be. =D

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment